Living Waters will have opportunities for “adopting” a child through Compassion International. On Sunday, September 13th there will be packets available with information about children needing sponsors. Consider whether you can give hope and support to a child in an underprivileged country. A light lunch will be served after the worship service to give opportunity to hear the stories of current sponsors and their Compassion child or children, and ask questions about sponsorship.
Sunday School classes for children and adults will begin
September 13th at 9:15 am.
Please be aware of social distancing courtesies as we continue to take precautions against the spread of the Corona Virus.
Barbara Larsen will be teaching the elementary students using First Catechism curriculum, with weekly handouts and memory work for the Catechism Club.
Raylene Anderson will be teaching the middle/high school group in the youth room with “Radically Different” curriculum that challenges these 5th-12th graders to be willing to be different from the secular culture and apply Biblical principles to their lives.
Pastor Shaun Spencer will be the teacher for the adults in the Community Room teaching “How to Read and Understand the Bible”.
Attention Middle and High School students: Join us from 6-7:30 Sunday evening.
The weather is looking like it will be pretty great, so we’ll meet outside this week.
After our study, we have a game planned. Imagine a combination of ultimate and cricket, then throw in a beach ball and you’ll be pretty close. We might even get the fire pit going again to finish off the s’mores from last week (only this time it won’t be 400 degrees outside).
In an attempt to prepare for our Fall programming, the Session met during our regular August meeting to discuss our protocols related to mitigating the risk of spreading COVID-19. We reviewed our existing protocols that have been in place since we returned to public worship after the shut-down, to decide if they needed to change or be renewed. We also needed to make a plan for how we would respond in the event that someone who had been attending our public activities was diagnosed with COVID.
Our plan for Fall is:
1. We will continue with our existing protocols (listed below). These are good practices and we can even try to be more vigilant with them as school starts meeting.
2. If someone who has been attending our public activities is diagnosed with COVID, we will trigger an automatic 2-week shutdown. Our worship service will be exclusively online and all other activities will either be suspended or meet online until the 2-week period is over. The church building will also be thoroughly cleaned. If you are diagnosed with COVID, we ask that you contact the church office. We will of course keep your name confidential.
3. Sunday school classes will meet in the largest areas possible to make spreading out feasible. We will also meet outside for as many events as we can while the weather permits.
4. During Communion, we will serve the elements from more than one location to make it more possible to spread out.
5. We will continue to be careful in the preparation of any fellowship-time items. As has been the case, servers will wear masks, and we will keep trying to offer items that reduce the chances of multiple contacts.
6. We will keep an eye on circumstances as they may change. If adjustments need to be made, we will be sure to communicate across all of our platforms (website, Facebook, bulletin, in person announcements, etc.).
Decisions related to the COVID pandemic are difficult. We all bring a variety of different emphases, perspectives, and circumstances to what we think is the best response. Our hope is that this is a “middle of the road” course that acknowledges the need to act wisely, while also not acting fearfully. We recognize that we will need to be flexible as circumstances change.
It is a privilege to serve as your Session and we are praying for you all. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to talk to Pastor Shaun or any other member of the Session.
Protocols for Living Waters Worship Time to Mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19
• Please refrain from hugging, handshaking, and other physical contact.
• Rows of chairs have been moved farther apart. Please self-direct the spacing between household units to allow six-feet distance (at least two chairs) between families within a row.
• Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to, or just after entering the building. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located near each of the sanctuary entrances.
• Cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow; not hands).
• Use of face masks is encouraged. Extra masks are available in the entryway.
• An offering plate and envelopes are placed at the back of the sanctuary to receive your offering as you enter, or as you leave the sanctuary.
• During the sharing of blessings and concerns, the worship leader will bring the microphone to you and hold it as you share. If you are able to step into the aisle to share, this will also help.
• Parents are encouraged to keep children sitting with their own family (and supervise before and after services) including going to the restroom. Drinking fountains have been turned off.
• The nursery is closed, and children are not allowed to play with the toys from the nursery.
• Please exit the sanctuary and building in an orderly manner while allowing space for social distancing.
• If you are not able to attend in person, the worship service is live-streamed, and then archived, on our YouTube channel. Audio-only recordings of the sermon can be found at our website: LivingWatersWendell.org. You can find a link to our YouTube channel and the audio recordings under the “Media” tab at the top of the page.
• Updates and announcements will be found on our Facebook page, on our webpage, and in the worship bulletin. You can subscribe to receive the webpage announcements as an email by scrolling to the bottom of our webpage and entering your email address where it says, “Follow Us via Email”.
The third annual “Pray for our Schools” is happening Sunday, August 23rd starting at 3:00 pm at the Wendell Elementary School and moving to each of the schools. Let’s join as a community to cover our students, teachers, staff, bus drivers and others with prayer as students come back to classes August 24th.
Hey middle and high school kids: We are having a back to school party on August 23rd from 6-7:30 p.m. There are some fun things planned for this time together before we settle back into the school year routine. Meet in the Youth Room prepared to have a great time together!
Come join us for an ice cream social following the worship service on Sunday, August 16th. We will be meeting in the Kingdom Family Pavilion for this time of fellowship.
Attention youth and families: Youth Discipleship Group is back on this Sunday evening. Join us in the Youth Room from 6-7:30pm.
Because of the pool/park get-together to celebrate Pastor Kevin’s retirement, there will not be Youth Discipleship Group Sunday evening, August 2nd.
We’ll resume at 6pm Sunday August 9th.
Join us this Sunday morning at 10:30am as John & Laurie Day share about their upcoming move to Mongolia with Christian Veterinary Mission. They will be sharing the message during our worship and will also have a table set up with information about their work.